Fire rated troffer covers are the only fully UL tested products that have been designed to help maintain the integrity of fire rated ceilings when penetrated by troffers or fluorescent fixtures.
The cover is a pre-formed flexible enclosure which has been designed to help maintain the integrity of fire rated ceilings when penetrated by 2′ by 2′ and 2′ by 4′ fluorescent fixtures. The flexible and lightweight nature of the covers makes installation quick and easy, reduces the stress put on the ceiling and significantly reduces labor costs compared to standard dry-walled box constructions. The cover can be folded to ease installation in restricted spaces.
- Simple Installation — can be fitted in seconds
- Significant Labor Saving — ready to install product requiring no assembly, cutting, drilling, screwing or additional sealant required
- Lightweight (5 lbs)
- Suitable for lay-in tile ceilings
- Easy to remove and re-install for fixture maintenance
- Enhances the acoustic protection of the ceiling
- Reduces heat loss through the fixture
- Cable entry points can be made anywhere on the sides and top for ease of wiring of the fixture
- Maintenance free
- 60 minute protection